Monday 1 April 2013

(Day 1) Last time



Last time

Last time I wrote here
The sun frizzled behind
The over zealious rainbow
Behind running a subtle escape
Over the bridge
Never to be seen again.

Last time I wrote here
I worked at a job
I couldn’t stand
Throwing my words out
Across the water
In a fit of temper
Every lunchtime.

Last time I wrote here
The world seemed so far away
Even if it was only for a hour
And every word I wrote
Seemed to get caught
In it’s own echo

Within a dream

Or a bubble
That I popped

And kept waiting away from

The last time my heart was broken.

(The 1st prompt for Napowrimo this year (2013)
asked for Continuing with the theme of firsts, I’d like to challenge you to write a poem that has the same first line as another poem. You can use a favorite poem, pick up a random book of poetry and get a first line that way’. Alas as the prompt was quite late and I was going out I wrote a poem about lasts instead of firsts.

I may well have a go later at this task however.)

No comments:

Post a Comment